Monday, September 28, 2009

Dining Room Chandelier Makeover in a Rust Finish




This dining room chandelier is one I found on the side of the road from a family that had updated their light fixture and was selling their house. I was sure to ask them if it worked before taking the time to paint it, etc. It was formerly a brass finish and I used a Rust Kit (which is just Burnt Sienna textured spray paint and a dark brown paint (watered down a bit) sponged over the spray paint. The second picture is the light fixture after spray painting it with the Burnt Sienna. Sorry, I don't have a "Before" photo to show you, but you can imagine plain ole shiny brass! I love the look and it was FREE! I still have to get some small lamp shades to put on it~ am thinking about burlap ones~ and it will be the perfect look that I love for my dining room! Hope you enjoy the photos and will want to go find something in your house to makeover!


No comments:

Post a Comment