Thursday, November 26, 2009

My Very First Appliqued Dish Towel




I love the look of appliqued items and I had my heart set on making some, even though I don't have a sewing machine. As long as you can iron and make simple stitches you too can applique! What fun I had today making this simple cross dish towel. I found the cute red and white gingham cotton dish towel at Dollar Tree and I used a wooden cross that I had to trace onto some leftover fabric that I had lying around. My son said that it didn't match, but I love the contrasting, whimsical look of the polka dots and the checks. The lime green stitches aren't perfect, but then neither am I and I kind of like the home~made look that it gives. I thought that these would make great Christmas gifts and plan on making many more designs as I find a shape that I like. Go see what you can come up with and let me know how addicted you get too! Have fun!~:)

No comments:

Post a Comment