Tuesday, November 10, 2009

$20.00 Garage Sale Hutch Makeover











Once in a good while you get extremely lucky at garage sales. Well, I got a steal from a lady down the street who was selling pretty much everything in order to pick up and move 2000 miles away! She said that this hutch needed a lot of TLC and I was just the person that day to give it (plus the $20 that I gave her)! I could see the diamond in the rough- so to speak- and envisioned a beautiful black hutch that I have been wanting for as long as I can remember. I have been married almost 15 years and have had nothing to display my formal dishes in. So sad I know, boo hoo for me! :) Well, I got busy sanding, priming, and painting and even adding beadboard wallpaper to the back part of the upper piece, and this is what I came up with. I love it and it is a wonderful addition to my dining room. I have yet to put the doors back on because one was in such bad shape, and I am not sure that I will even ever want to put them back on. I kind of like it open, for now anyway! I also have to put a coat of polyurethane on the top portion of the hutch, but my husband wanted his parking place back in the garage.:) So this is how it looks for now. Hope you like it as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment